Holiday Cooking with Chef Sven; Part II
December 10, 2012
The Tradition of Holiday Trains
Make this a holiday to remember by serving a Salt-Baked Whole Branzino!
What you’ll need:
1 Branzino, whole, 1lb-1.25lb
1 sliced Lemon
1 sliced Orange
4 Bay leaves, fresh
2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp Mixed fresh herbs chopped
(parsley, tarragon, chervil, chives)
1lb Sea salt, coarse
- First spread a thin layer of sea salt on a baking pan and heat on a charcoal fire, or gas/electric grill.
- Next season the fish in- and outside with salt and pepper.
- Then place the whole Branzino on the hot sea salt (in the baking pan).
- Cover the fish with sliced lemon, oranges and 1 whole bay leaf.
- Now cover the fish with more hot sea salt and cook for about 8 minutes over an open flame or about 12 minutes in a 375° oven.
- After the cooking time, let the fish sit for 3 minutes or so.
- Before taking the fish out of the pan make sure to brush it clean of salt.
- Before serving, brush the fish with the herb oil—made with olive oil, chopped herbs, 1tbsp lemon juice and salt and pepper